There are upcoming opportunities to get trained to become a Trainer of Trainers (TOT) in PAL® for currently certified PAL® Teachers!
One benefits to becoming a Trainer of Trainers in the PAL® curriculum is that you can join our network of certified TOTs and train incoming, new teachers!
The guidelines for obtaining this certification are as follows:
GUIDELINES FOR PAL® ADJUNCT TEACHER TRAINER CERTIFICATION
Note: This certification process applies to adults only and authorizes them to conduct officially recognized PAL® Initial Adult Trainings on behalf of Workers Assistance Program, Inc. (WAP). Only PAL® Peer Assistance & Leadership staff and those certified through this process are authorized to use the official PAL® Teacher’s Manual and other WAP-developed PAL® peer helping program training materials.
1. Three years experience as a PAL® program teacher and/or trainer; OR
2. Four years experience as a teacher and/or trainer of another school-based peer helping program; OR
3. Two years experience as a PAL® Training Specialist or equivalent in peer field.
The prospective PAL® Adjunct Teacher Trainer must complete the following in no more than a two-year period:
Complete a PAL® Adjunct Teacher Trainer Application and submit to PAL® Peer Assistance & Leadership
2. **Orientation and Development
a. Observe one PAL® Initial Adult Training conducted by a PAL® Services trainer.
b. Facilitate several activities at one PAL® Initial Adult Training conducted by a PAL® certified trainer
c. Co-lead entire PAL® Initial Adult Training with a PAL® trainer
d. Attend training-of-trainers conducted by a PAL® trainer
e. Lead entire Initial Adult Training while supervised by PAL® trainer
3. **Conference Experience
a. Attend at least one Annual PAL® Leadership Conference for Middle School PALs and Peer Helpers as an assistant OR
b. Attend at least one Annual PAL® Leadership Conference for High School PALs and Peer Helpers as an assistant
Upon completing the above steps, receiving a final approval and endorsement from PAL® Peer Assistance & Leadership staff, and signing the WAP Contractor Agreement, the prospective PAL® Adjunct Adult Trainer will be issued a certificate by PAL® Peer Assistance & Leadership, recognizing him/her as a Certified PAL® Adjunct Adult Trainer.
**These steps are subject to full or partial waiver, contingent upon experience, as determined by PAL® staff.
The Certified PAL® Adjunct Teacher Trainer will be authorized to conduct official PAL® Initial Teacher Training in the two ways that follow:
1. As a contract employee of Workers Assistance Program (WAP), in which case the Certified PAL® Adjunct Teacher Trainer will be reimbursed for related expenses and will receive a daily honorarium consistent with WAP’s current fee schedule, with all administrative logistics (including registration, reporting, and manuals) handled by WAP; AND
2. As an independent consultant, in which case the Certified PAL® Adjunct Adult Trainer does not receive an honorarium and must purchase the PAL® Material Packets (each including a PAL® Teacher’s Manual, PAL® Student Handbook, and video) from WAP at a price consistent with WAP’s current pricing schedule; he/she may sell them to participants at whatever the rate he/she chooses.
Renewal of Certification
Certification is valid for a period of two years from the date of issue. To qualify for renewal, the PAL® Adjunct Teacher Trainer must conduct at least four WAP-sanctioned PAL® Initial Teacher Trainings in a two-year period. In addition, he/she must receive from PAL® Services a recommendation for continuation of certification.
Call PAL® today to ask about this program opportunity! 1-800-522-0550